POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspirational text : Re: Inspirational text Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inspirational text
From: Warp
Date: 8 Aug 2010 05:59:24
Message: <4c5e7ffc@news.povray.org>
somebody <x### [at] ycom> wrote:
> "Neeum Zawan" <fee### [at] festercom> wrote in message
> news:87t### [at] festercom...

> > Or, you know, he was just plain nice, and is bitter about being so.

> Why does he think being nice (to women), whatever it means, entitles him to
> anything (getting laid, in this case)?

  I'm starting to think that both you and Shay have some kind of unhealthy
obsession with sex.

  When a man tries to be nice to a woman, the motive must be sex. When a
man listens to a woman, shares feelings and emotions, that is, he wants
to be a good friend to the woman, the motive must be sex. When a man is
courteus to a woman, shows respect and has good manners, the motive must
be sex. You talk as if all men who do any of this consider women to be
just sentient sex toys which must be conquered by whatever social and
psychological means are necessary.

  This kind of "the only thing men want is sex" complete bullshit, in the
same category as "every man is a potential rapist" and other such feminist
nonsense. Unfortunately feminists have succeeded in indoctrinating these
lies so well that even many men believe it (even though most of these men
have personal evidence of the contrary, both in themselves and close
friends who they know extremely well).

  It *is* possible for a man to be friends with a woman, potentially even
with the prospect of a lifetime companionship, *without* the primary goal
being just "getting laid". If the friendship goes that far, it would a
natural side-effect, but it's not the primary reason why the man wants to
be friends with a woman. A man, like any human being, *needs* the company
of other people (quite literally, as proved by psychology), and a lifetime
partner is one of the best company which a person can have, so it's natural
for people to seek that.

--
                                                          - Warp